The Bank aims to conduct its business practices in a transparent way based on ethical values, compliance with legal requirements, and respect for people, communities and the environment. Ultimately, it adds value in a unique way to society as a whole. Its corporate social responsibility activities therefore consider the entire 'footprint' that the Bank leaves in society and cover, among other issues:
- Health and safety considerations;
- Environmental conservation, including management of hazardous products and waste;
- Energy and water consumption;
- Educational outreach; and
- International and regional co-operation and training.
For further information on these activities, please consult the Bank's Annual Report.